Latino Film Festival Elgin and the Elgin Cultural Arts Commission’s Individual Artist Grant.
If there is something good that had happened to The Latino Film Festival Elgin in the last 7 years, is the Elgin Cultural Arts Commission Grant that the event has received every year.
When we were planning to bring the Chicago Latino Film Festival to Elgin we had the opportunity to have a test with one movie, at the end of that event, we met Councilman Richard Dunne, who informed us about the City Grant.
We felt excited and nervous having the opportunity to present our project to the Arts Commission. To our surprise, the process was simple although it requires some time to prepared and put together all the documentation requested by the Commission and to make a brief presentation to the board members explaining our event, the impact that it will have for the City of Elgin and, how the grant will be applied. A few weeks after our presentation, we received the good news from the ECAC that our application for the grant was approved.
Our advice for future applicants to the grant is:
- Read carefully the simple but detailed instructions that are included with the application.
- Make sure you submit all the documents requested by the ECAC.
- Be specific in how your project will benefit the city of Elgin’s efforts to promote the arts and culture.
- Prepare your presentation and be ready to answer any questions the ECAC may ask about your event and your experience.
- Check your calendar and make sure you submit your application before the deadline included in your application package.
- Relax, rest assure that the ECAC will consider carefully your application and, in the event that it couldn’t be approved, an explanation of why will be given to you along with the opportunity to apply for it next year.
-Margarita Mendoza, Director of The Latino Film Festival.
The Latino Film Festival Elgin happens each year during the Spring, is a relevant event that spotlight Elgin as a friendly cultural one, is directed by Margarita Mendoza and has, with the support of ECAC, continue to grow for 7 years now, becoming the most important Latino Film Festival of the Chicagoland suburbs. For more information on The Latino Film Festival, contact us at email@example.com or visit the website: latinofilmfestivalelgin.com