- 7:30 p.m.
- Second Monday in January, April, July, and October
- Community Development Conference Room
- Chairman Dr. Dorothea Poulos
- Joni Courtney
- Jeanine Seitz-Partridge
- Cynthia Applehoff-Siedsma
- Dr. Bryan Blazer
- Jason Smith
The Board of Health members are appointed by the City Council. The board is composed of one physician; one dentist, one registered nurse, and such other members as may otherwise be determined by the City Council.
The physician and dentist appointed to the board shall be engaged in active practice in the city.The board elects one of its members as chairman. The city’s public health officer is the executive officer and secretary of the board.
For information about being considered for a position on this commission please email the city clerk's office or call the city clerk's office at (847) 931-5660.
Powers & Duties
Powers and duties include:
- Holding quarterly meetings and special meetings as necessary
- Initiating and carrying out activities deemed necessary and desirable in the promotion and protection of health and control of disease
- Recommending to the City Council the adoption of ordinances as may be deemed necessary and desirable for the promotion and protection of the public health and the control of disease