Fourth of July
4th of July Celebration Information - Thursday, July 4, 2019
Registration for the parade is now closed.
- Date/Time: Thursday, July 4th at 9:00 a.m.
- 2019 Parade Theme: Get in the Game! celebrating American sports.
- Estimated Parade Time: Approximately 2 hours long.
- Start/Finish Parade: Parade Starts at Slade & Douglas. Parade Ends at Douglas & Highland
No parking on the parade route/staging area starting at 6:00 a.m.
Participating in the 4th of July parade? Please check your email for parade details after you register. Information will be posted here soon!
If you have any questions about the staging process or anything else related to the parade prior to July 4th, please contact 311 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back here for the most current updates.
Fourth of July Fireworks
Thanks to a sponsorship by the Grand Victoria Casino, the annual fireworks display returns for the Fourth of July:
Where: Festival Park, 132 S. Grove Ave.
When: Thursday, July 4 at 9:00 p.m. ***Make sure to get there early to find a viewing area. Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- Many downtown streets will close at various times to vehicular traffic over the holiday weekend to allow for a safe and enjoyable experience as the community celebrates Independence Day.
- Absolutely NO alcohol or animals will be allowed at Festival Park for the fireworks on Thursday, July 4.
- Coolers will be permitted for non-alcoholic beverages.
- Free parking is located in public City parking lots and garages. Click here for information on all downtown parking options.
- *NOTICE: Parking at the Grand Victoria Casino on Thursday, July 4 includes:
- $20 for valet parking and self-parking in surface lots and garage.
- Exception - handicapped lot will be complimentary to guests with a disability.
- Any person with a Club GVC card (any tier level) will be able to park for free.
- Shooting off fireworks in Elgin is illegal and there is an ordinance in place that will impact residents who allow fireworks to be detonated on their property. Click here for more information.