Hawthorne Hill Rentals
Hawthorne Hill Nature Center offers a spacious meeting room and kitchenette. During COVID-19 room capacity is limited to no more than 25 people. This rental space comes with tables and chairs and has a view of the pond with a patio area. To rent this facility for your next event, contact us at 847-531-7000, or stop by the main courtesy desk at The Centre of Elgin.
Event/Rental Attendee Policy
- Limit to the 25 guest or less. Tables and chairs will be arranged to allow for social distancing.
- Rental and Event attendees can review CDC considerations for events: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/considerations-for-events-gatherings.html
- Event or Rental Attendees of 25 or fewer are permitted at once as long as: a. Facilities allow for social distancing of groups b. Groups meet in separate rooms during the meeting or event c. Event start/ end times are staggered to discourage interaction d. Groups are static for duration of meeting or event.
Rental FAQ Information:
- Large meeting room available for rent for meetings, birthday parties, showers, or anniversaries.
- Large room seats up to 25 guests.
- Use of kitchenette with sink, refrigerator and microwave.
- Rental includes tables and chairs.
- No alcohol allowed.
- Room not available Friday or Saturday 10am-3pm.
- Rental fee and deposit due at time of booking.
- Signed rental agreement must be paid and booked 10 days prior to event.
- Set-up and Clean-up of event are renter’s responsibility.
- Rental bookings must be made at Centre of Elgin, 100 Symphony Way, Elgin, IL 60120.
- Set-up and clean-up must be included in start time and end time of rental.
- Rental fees: $65/hr. Non-Profit; $70/hr. Elgin Resident; $80/hr. Non-Resident.
- Security deposit of 50% of total room rental fee not to exceed $500 is due at time of booking. Security deposit is refunded back 72 hrs. after rental.
- Further information on rentals or to schedule a building tour. Contact Facility Supervisor, Jan Monell at Monell_j@cityofelgin.org or 847-531-7012.
A security deposit of 50% of the total rental charge (up to $500), will be required upon booking the rental. This deposit is refundable based on the condition of the facility after the rental.
To expedite the process download and complete the rental agreement and COVID 19 policy forms below.