General Complaint or Concern

To report a general complaint or concern, please contact our 311 department.

Dial 311 (847-931-6001) between the hours of 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday for general information, non-emergency city services, and to report a concern or complaint.

Send a request via email 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to Please note that requests will be answered during regular business hours.

Download the Elgin 311 mobile app for iOS and Android to submit requests on-the-go and stay in touch with what's happening in the community. 

Contact 311 Graphic