Investing in Elgin: Your tax dollars at work
Stay tuned for announcements of the City of Elgin's 2021 capital improvement projects:
Coming soon: Citywide project map
List of Projects:
- Civic Center Plaza Reconstruction
- Dundee/Summit Intersection Improvement
- Lord Street - Combined Sewer Separation
- Neighborhood Resurfacing
Civic Center Plaza Reconstruction
Anticipated Start Date: March 11, 2020; Anticipated End Date: June 1, 2021
Status: Mostly complete, remaining landscaping to be completed in spring 2021
Funding Source: Central Area TIF
Engineering Firm: Dewberry Engineers, Inc., Hitchcock Design Group and FRS Design Group
Contractor: W.E. O’Neil Construction Co.
Lord Street Basin - Combined Sewer Separation
Anticipated Start Date: March 2021; Anticipated End Date: Summer 2021
The sanitary sewer along Orange Street from State to Elm will continue in early 2021, with final pavement and landscape restoration anticipated by the summer of 2021.
Funding Source: Utility Fund
Engineering Firm: Burns & McDonnell Engineering Company, Inc.
Contractor: Trine Construction Corp.
- Who do I call with a concern? Call 311 and Citizen Advocates will assist you. If outside of Elgin, dial 847-931-6001.
- Will I be able to park along the street during construction? Parking restrictions will be implemented during construction. Vehicles will be restricted from being parked in the street during construction work to allow equipment to maneuver.
- Will my trash or recycling service be impacted by construction? Often, waste trucks will service construction routes first thing in the morning, as to not interrupt project work. It is especially important, if you live in a construction area, to have your bins out before 6 a.m. on your scheduled collection day.
- What is resurfacing? Resurfacing is the replacement of the top layer of asphalt on a street, providing it an additional 10-12 years of life.
- When will projects begin & end? Construction begins in July and is anticipated to be completed in November. See individual project for details.
- Are road closures expected? If a road closure is necessary, the best detour will be determined, likely an adjacent residential street. Some streets may be reduced to one lane or closed temporarily. Plan for extra travel time in morning and evening commutes to account for any delays.
- What do I do if there are any issues related to construction cleanup/debris? Contact 311 and provide details, including specific location. Photos are helpful.
- What can I do if my sod that was planted last year by construction crews, is now dead? How do I go about replacement? Contact 311 and provide details, including specific location. Photos are helpful. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>