Move with the Mayor
Leading Healthy Communities
September 1 - October 15, 2022
Move With The Mayor is a national initiative that works with mayors across the country to challenge their communities to be more physically active. Mayors encourage their communities to be physically active to lower their chances of heart disease and its risk factors like high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and diabetes. Elgin Mayor, David Kaptain and the City of Elgin are happy to participate in this national campaign. In doing so, several new and existing programs and classes are being offered to Elgin residents, free of charge.
The Centre of Elgin offers a great Group Fitness program that is led by one of our great instructors in a group setting. You will be able to find a Group Fitness class to fit any and all of your fitness needs. Our classes are made for all levels of fitness and can be modified to your needs. Visit centreofelgin.org for a complete list of class descriptions and times.
In partnership with the Move with the Mayor campaign, the fitness center at the Centre of Elgin is offering Free Fitness Fridays from September 16 - October 14. The Elgin community will be able to take a FREE Group Fitness class or workout in the fitness center for FREE on these select Fridays. For ages 18+. Age 14-17 must be accompanied by a parent. The walking track is always free to use the public during facility hours.
For additional information, you may contact Santiago Cervantes - Fitness Supervisor at 847-531-7023.
#MoveWithTheMayor #MWTM #walkElgin #ElginMoves
Upcoming Events & Programs:
- Outdoor Dance Class @ Wing Park, 1010 Wing Street, Elgin, IL, 60123. Join Integrity Dance for a free Dance Class for all ages. October 1st at 2pm.
- Outdoor Zumba Class @ Prairie Park, 301 Willard Ave, Elgin, IL, 60120. Join Zumba teacher, Lisa, for a free outdoor Zumba class on September 17th @ noon.
- Walk with the Mayor @ Lords Park, 100 Oakwood Blvd, Elgin, IL, 60120. Join Mayor David Kaptain and city staff to discuss topics including zoo upgrades, tennis courts, the playground and more on September 21st at 5:30pm.
- Outdoor Yoga in the Park @ Century Oaks, 1300 N. McLean Blvd, Elgin, IL, 60123. Join yoga teacher, Danae for an all-ages free yoga class. September 25th @ 10am.
- Walk with the Mayor @ Downtown Elgin, Meet at the City Hall's western entrance, near the Civic Center Plaza and join Mayor David Kaptain and city staff to discuss topics including the Centre of Elgin's 20th anniversary, Civic Center Plaza Renovation, Hemmens Renovation, and more on October 5th @ 5:30pm