The Juvenile Investigations Unit is a branch of the Major Investigations Division. This unit’s primary purpose is to conduct follow-up investigations pertaining to misdemeanor and felony crimes committed by offenders under the age of 18.
Juvenile detectives perform the following police functions to include (but not limited to):
- Coordinate and prepare cases for court
- Conduct follow-up investigations
- Design and implement programs
- Divert juveniles from the juvenile justice system and adjust cases at the department level (see Peer Jury information)
- Locate and return runaway juveniles
- Refer juveniles and their families to social service agencies
View more information pertaining to youth services.