Common residential Permits
Most Common Residential Projects Requiring Only a Quick Permit Application
|Patio||Above Ground Pool|
You can access the quick permit application here.
Don’t see your project on the list? Contact 311 to find out if you need a permit.
- The first step in obtaining a permit is completing an application. Once you determine which application is needed for your project, fill out the application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you property is a designated landmark or located in a historic district, you will need a Certificate of Appropriateness / Solicitud para el Certificado de Obra Apropriada for any changes to the exterior of your property.
- Submit permit application by emailing email@example.com. This email inbox will be monitored in real time by community development staff during regular business hours. Make sure to provide accurate contact information including your email address and phone number so staff can contact you. Be as descriptive as possible with your request to enhance staff’s ability to respond.
- A plan review will be conducted when necessary.
- A permit will be issued and work can begin.
The type of work, cost of work, and applicable plan review fees will determine the cost of a building permit. View the current Fee Schedule.
Useful information to help guide you through the permit process
- Water Heater Quick Guide
- Chicken Coop Quick Guide
- Fence Quick Guide
- Above Ground Pool Quick Guide
- Window Replacement Quick Guide
- Porch Quick Guide
- Shed Quick Guide
- Fence Quick Guide - Spanish
- Garage Quick Guide
- Deck and Balcony Quick Guide
- Driveway Quick Guide
- Stairs, Stoops, and Ramps Quick Guide
- Electronic Changeable Copy Sign Quick Guide
- Honey Beekeeping Quick Guide
- Patio and/or Outdoor Grill Quick Guide
- Retaining Wall Quick Guide
- Refuse Collection Quick Guide
- New Construction and Remodeling Quick Guide
- Basement Remodel Quick Guide
- Attic Remodel Quick Guide
- Automatic Water Meter Reading (AMR) Quick Guide
- Furnace Replacement Quick Guide
- Hot Tubs Quick Guide
- Misc Plumbing Quick Guide
- Misc. Electrical Quick Guide
- Misc. HVAC Quick Guide
- Roof Repair Quick Guide
- Sidewalk Quick Guide
- Siding Quick Guide